An unbelievably simple and delicious way to balance your essential fatty acid intake and create an amazing little treat.
This recipe took me about 12 minutes to prepare using pantry staples and fresh, creamy avocados which produced a texture better than any chocolate mousse I’ve made!! 🥑
Using avocados, flax seed oil and walnuts you have a very well balanced intake of omega-3/omega-6 ratio if you’re concerned with all those associated health benefits like:
- Cardiovascular health (by lowering blood pressure, cholesterol, plaque buildup in the arteries, and the chance of having a heart attack or stroke)
- Stabilizing blood sugar levels (preventing diabetes)
- Reducing muscle, bone and joint pain by lowering inflammation
- Helping balance cholesterol levels
- Improving mood and preventing depression
- Sharpening the mind and helping with concentration and learning
- Boosting immunity
- Treating digestive disorders like ulcerative colitis
- Reducing risk for cancer and helping prevent cancer reoccurence
- Improving appearance, especially skin health
Read more here.
And if none of that matters to you then just enjoy as a great tasting dessert prepared in under 15 minutes!
What you need:
- 2 cups walnuts
- 4 tablespoon flaxseed oil
- Pinch cinnamon
- 3 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 ripe Avacados
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup coconut cream
- 1/2 cup raw cacao
- 6 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 50 g Dark chocolate and strawberries to garnish (optional)
What you do:
Line a muffin tray with squares of baking paper. Melt your coconut oil. First 4 ingredients into food processsor 2 mins. Press mixture into bases of tray firmly. Rinse your food processor and throw in last 6 ingredients, blending on high 5 minutes or until very smooth and creamy.
(Alternatively you could make one big tart)