Love me some healthy and delicious energy balls. There are countless varieties and flavour combinations to these little nutrient power bombs and they take no time at all, just whizz all ingredients up in your food processor and get rolling!
This is my latest favourite flavour combo, Macadamias and Coconuts.
Macadamias are packed with numerous health-benefiting nutrients, minerals, antioxidants and vitamins that are essential for optimum health and wellness.
These native nuts are an excellent source of minerals such as calcium, iron, magnesium, manganese and zinc and selenium. Selenium is a cardio-protective mineral which has antioxidant properties and may protect against cell damage.
*I have increased the protein quantity by adding some high quality protein powder, but if you’d prefer to omit, decrease the coconut oil to 1/2 cup.
What you need:
- 1 cup macadamia nuts (lightly roasted)
- 1 cup lightly toasted shredded coconut (keep half aside for rolling your balls in!)
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 1/2 cup nut butter (any will work but I’ve used almond)
- 1 cup organic protein powder
- 6 pitted dates (soaked in boiling water 10 minutes, drained)
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
What you do:
All ingredients into food processor and roll them all in coconut, chia, sesame – whatever takes you!